Sunday, December 5, 2010

Christmas Crafts...

I've been working on this Christmas Tree for a few weeks now. 
Slowly but surely it came along. :) 
I got this Christmas tree idea from my friend Morgaines blog: It's Simple Holiday's 
--> she's ubber-dubber crafty, and has every single craft tool under the sun I swear <--

{ Here's what you need }

  • cut up scrapbook paper
  • pins
  • scissors
  • & the green looking foam things from Michael's in whatever size you'd like. I was planning on making a family of trees, but have yet to complete more than one ;)
Photobucket
[ In progress ]
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
[ Complete ] [ ! ]
Photobucket
  • Bow added to the top / I had to hot glue it to stay well

Photobucket
[ Now I'm inspired to make more ] [ ! ]
Photobucket

My community group girls and I recently hosted a baby shower in my home. 
I really wanted to make Chrystal a diaper cake, but as I was googling them 
I came across the idea of making a diaper wreath! 
I had never heard of this before!  
Some looked very cute, but some looked very gaudy...which I don't like. 
That's the cool thing about a project/craft, 
you can make it what you like & that I did. 
It turned out WAY better than I had anticipated! 

I had some of a vision of how I wanted to make it, 
but really it all just came together as I was making it...as do most of my crafts. 

{ Here's what I used}

  • Foam ring thing from Michael's
  • Ribbon
  • Diapers
  • Scissors
  • Hot glue
  • Fun Lettering
**It was difficult to find diapers without some sort of character on them...I did NOT want a character on the diapers, but I wanted them to have some boyish color to them, so these were great!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket