Thursday, December 29, 2011

From Old :: To New

Since having a break from school and a few days off of work I was able to tackle some projects that I'd been putting on the back burner. 

Here are some items that were old and busted (not really busted though), but turned new (to me) when given the right paint, fabric, & TLC. :)

::  Before ::
This lamp was given to me by my Director. 
She had it in her office for years, and so did the Director before her.
Photobucket
:: After ::
I had a ton of sample paints leftover from redoing the guest room project, so I was able to pick one and use it on the lamp. Those little sample paints can go a long way!
I wanted to give this lamp some color in order to cheer up my office at work. I feel like theirs not a whole lot I can really do right now to make the office  my style, so this lamp is a good start. 
I bought a new lamp shade from Ross, and added the lace to it.
Photobucket
Photobucket
:: Before ::
Bought this mirror at a garage sale over the summer (can't remember the price). 
I've been waiting for the right moment to paint and use it. I decided to paint it the same color as the lamp and place it in my office on the book shelf. I love having mirrors in spaces, so it worked out well. :)  
:: After :: 
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
:: Before ::
I love finding chairs and reupholstering them! If I had more time (or no job) I think I'd really look into making this my job. I just love it. It's a easy way to make a piece of furniture unique and your own in your home. Anyone can do it. It's really simple when you have the right piece. 
Bought this chair at a garage sale over the summer (again, can't remember the price). 
I haven't done anything to the paint job on the chair, it came like this. I do think eventually I might touch it up, but for now I think it's just fine. 
Fabric from JoAnn's
Photobucket
:: After ::
This is NOT the best seat job I've ever done. I was in a hurry and just wanted to get it done .
Either way it turned out, and I like it. :)  
Photobucket

Here's the aftermath of a night filled with projects. Feels good to be done with them!
  • Painted a lamp
  • Added lace to a lamp shade
  • Painted a mirror
  • Reupholstered the chair
  • Added fabric to a frame
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment